[lit-ideas] Re: okay, one last time

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:18:08 -0500

At 02:06 PM 12/29/2006, you wrote:
whether or not you're sticking around... (a mail glitch seems a
bad reason to leave)

If you had to constantly run out and chase down letters you have mailed to make sure the stamp hadn't fallen off or had to constantly re-paint the number on your house a different colour so that the postman would recognize you, would you USE the federal mail system?

It's not that I CAN'T put up with the glitches, it's that I've grown fed up. I don't want it to be difficult. It was easy for almost a decade and that's specifically why I participated. It has now become an administrative thorn in my side, so I've decided that next time it happens... that's it.

you can use gmail offline.

Yes, but as I said, I'm very unhappy with the front end and the way it works. Again, more effort than i want to expend.

still, thanks for the helpful hints,

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada