[lit-ideas]

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 20:58:11 -0500

Signor Speranza offers a way out: "If this sounds too extravagant, we may
merely require a COMMON
methodological approach to all branches of philosophy, which for Grice and
Hart  was
'linguistic botany' ("if you heard of it," Geary adds, with a biscuit
conditional*)."

It is precisely that Common Methodological  Approach to Philosophy which
the esteemed Mr. Speranza suggests as a means of studying Hart as pertains
to the role that first principles play in his legal philosophy as
promulgated and practiced by him.  Indeed it is just such a Common
Methodological Approach to Philosophy that I have been developing, yea,
these last  twenty-three years, and have finally completed.  None of the
biscuits, I am embarrassed to say, made it through to the logical end.
Once my seminal work has been copyrighted I will share it with the list.
Omar will be pleased.