[lit-ideas] Re: neighbors (for Lawrence Helm)

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:15:43 -0700

On Jun 16, 2009, at 7:49 PM, Robert Paul wrote:
 'Rhodesian Ridgebacks,' she said, 'They hunt lions.'

I remember a round of "no, they're harmless; it's temperament that matters." Our neighbors have two whippet-like dingbats, which bark whenever they sense the air is fresh. One minute they're in the house, doing fine; the next they're outside in alien fresh air.
"It's fresh," shrieks Da Vinci.
"Crikey, so it is," responds Whatever the Other one is Called... Galileo perhaps? If I'm trying to enjoy peace and quiet in my garden, my first thought is that they should be shot, but then the liberal voice in my head reasserts itself and adds, "gently."

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon