[lit-ideas] more or less.

  • From: palma <palmaadriano@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 17:14:55 -0400

what is this bullshit? did catholic schools teach *noli contra venture *
*mingere*?

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 8:47 AM, John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Evil me. I read "There's the rub" and instantly thought, "According to
some, masturbation will make you blind."

John

Sent from my iPad

On 2015/07/08, at 4:55, Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have not seen the post before. I wonder how I could have lived
without it.

O.K.

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 8:38 PM, Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

In as much as I am unable to prove either that I exist or that I don't,
I do now and heretoeverafter, publicly announce my acceptance of the
proposition that I am. If I am not, it doesn't matter for I will never
know that I am not. I am still not sure about anything or anybody else's
actual, real, physical existence and I do not feel that logic can prove
that all such experiences of such other beings that I encounter in my
existence are not just flashbacks from the sixities.
Now then, since I am -- and since I cannot prove that all you people
are, then I get to make up, decide, determine, delineate all the rules. I
and I alone get to differentiate between the ineluctable and the eluctable,
the inexorable from the exorable. Other than the crude bodily processes
that impinge their inexorableness and ineluctableness upon my existence,
other than the screaming of the gonads (more like a whimper now) and other
such gross bodily needs and demands (can you tell that I was raised
Catholic?) other than that, life is mine to be meaningfillized in whatever
way pleases me. I am the meaningfiller of existence. It is totally up to
me what it all means.

So then, what is meaningful? Ah, there's the rub.

Mike Geary
Meaningfullizer of Memphis

--
palma, etheKwini, KZN