[lit-ideas] Re: meta-passing by?

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:50:24 -0800

Donal

Thanks for clearing that up.  Now that I see your example I recall some others
like that but I didn’t pay much attention to them – people just don’t pay
enough attention, do they.  But if a bunch of such things have occurred all at
once, I can see how a person more attentive than I am might begin to wonder
about conspiracies and strange coincidences.  Why, now that I think about it,
this very day in 2006 six men stage Britain’s biggest robbery, 53 million
pounds, and think of all the trouble that caused.  And just last year, on
February 22nd, 185 people were killed in a 6.3 magnitude earthquake at
Christchurch.  And again, on this very same day in Roslin Scotland in 1997 a
sheep named Dolly was cloned.  Granted, some people won’t see the connection,
but then they never do, do they?

Lawrence,

Having already read Fodor