[lit-ideas] Re: medical jargon

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 23:49:46 EDT

atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Ah ha!  Yes, you've got a sick dog there, Lady.  It's probably your
> compressor overheating and cutting off on an internal overload.  That could
> be due to a very dirty condenser coil or a seized fan motor -- that's
> assuming the condenser coil is beneath the unit and cooled with a small fan
> rather than a static coil on the back of the unit.  But usually there's very
> little cooling if that's the case.  If the box pulls down to temp, then
> starts warming up, more likely you have a very small electrical short across
> the compressor motor coil that's causing the compressor to overheat after
> running for a little while.  You would need a megohmmeter to verify that.
> If that's the case, kill the dog and get a puppy from the pound.  They do
> have dog pounds in England, don't they?
>
> God it's fun to show off.  Call on me, teacher!  Call on me!

Mike, between you and Straker I think you guys know everything I need to.
And they wonder why women love the internet.  I just have to figure out which
guy to ask about my malfunctioning light fixtures (not turning on; no it's not
fuse or bulb), dishwasher (not draining; I've been told it's cheaper to buy a
new one than repair), disposal (motor suddenly stopped except for a low hum),
a/c (doesn't cool, which is deemed a problem in the a/c world), refrigerator
(leaking), washing machine (pouring water all over the floor underneath
it)....  why do all appliances quit working simultaneously?  There *must* be a
reason.  Explain that, Mike.  And these aren't even old.  Well, the fridge is.
The
a/c I was told last summer needed a $2000 compressor, then a second opinion
fixed it (for 2 summer's worth) with a $25 part (tomorrow I will search the
house for the alleged Air Conditioning Filter.  I hope it's labeled somehow).
wanted to kill the first guys.  Fridge is ancient I can't complain.  Washing
Machine 5 yrs.  Dishwasher 2 yrs.  Disposal 2 yrs.  Are appliances considered
disposable items anymore??  When I was a kid we had the same appliances, fully
functional, for decades.

Julie Krueger
wondering if her computer is going to start leaking water