[lit-ideas] Re: meanwhile in Missouri....

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 08:33:18 +0100

RP>> Predicted: 103-105 today; 105 tomorrow; and 101 Sunday.
After that it
> trails off into the nineties for next week. The humidity is
relatively
> low, though

ah -- here yesterday it was slightly cooler but also more humid,
and at
the moment, the nights aren't cooler.  I think today will be the
last really hot day for the moment, storms are probably
on the way.

> A lot of people who live in older apartments in the city have
no air
> conditioning, but volunteers from various organizations seem to
be
> checking on them regularly, especially on the elderly.

Someone should organise that here.  District nurses etc. are
visiting people
and advising them but of course they don't reach everybody.

the river patrol has been busy. (In Britain, I think that
> would be 'have been busy.')

either, I think -- we haven't had crazy people in the Bay or the
Taff;
the obvious difference is the number of people carrying water
bottles
with them even for a fairly short walk

> Stay cool.

I hope to attain cool