[lit-ideas] Re: math question

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 16:31:36 -0700 (PDT)

My take on it is that we have the natural, ie evolved ability to count sheep,
and this seems good enough for the empirical world as long as we don't lose too
many. Of course it is possible to imagine worlds where this doesn't work.
However, cats seem rather impressed by our ability to provide meet for us and
them despite of our obviously defective physique.

O.K.