[lit-ideas] Re: mR

  • From: Adriano Palma <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 14:37:09 +0000

It is called IBE….

From: lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Omar Kusturica
Sent: 03 March 2015 13:04
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: mR

I don't think that archaeology can definitely prove that Moses (or some such
person) never existed, but it is true that the archaelogical discoveries and/or
lack of them have shed strong doubts on the reality of the Conquest. If there
was never any conquest by immigrants from Egypt, there is a chance that there
was no Moses either. Also, the school of archaelogists headed by Israel
Finkelstein argues that there was never a United Kingdom with a capital in
Jerusalem, hence no David and Solon either. Personally, I find the second
argument persuasive, the first less so; it is not clear to me why the Jews
would have made up the story of the violent, brutal conquest of Canaan under
Yoshua if no such thing ever took place. There is also the issue of uncertainty
about the dating, i.e. it is not clear which period the archaeological evidence
for the Conquest should be sought in.

O.K.

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 6:09 AM, Adriano Palma
<Palma@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Minus the minor problem we have super evidence due to archeo work in Zin that
moses never existed, as pointed out by e.g. S A. Kripke