[lit-ideas] lit-ideas Private Security Firms Standards, etc

  • From: eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:33:35 -0400

HI,
FYI--just came across this--It's a couple hundred pages but the beginnings of
it do seem to address alot of the issues being spoken of here (including the
cost of $1000/day for one person versus what we would pay one of the members of
our military...)? As well as the fact that there is little oversight and on and
on...

Looks to be fascinating late-night reading:

Private Security Firms Standards, Cooperation and Coordination on the
Battlefield

Hearing before the Subcommittee on National Security Emerging Threats, and
International Relations
of the Committee on Government Reform; House of Representatives (109th
Congress, second session, June 13, 2006)? Serial No. 109-214.

Available via the World Wide Web:? http://www.gpoaccess.gov/congress/index.html
http://www.house.gov/reform

US Government Printing Office; Washington : 2007? (also for sale by the US GPO)

Definitely recommend that Lawrence and any others who think that those who are
concerned about the issues of gov't contractors take a look at this. Just
looking at the different speakers at this hearing and quickly looking at what
they are saying--simply unbelieveable to me that anyone would say those people
are 'anti-American'.

Best,
Marlena

http://mail.aol.com