[lit-ideas] Re: lit-ideas Digest (editing) and Missouri)

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 10:56:18 -0000

"Saul must have been a man of extremes, unless the dear nuns lied to me, Saul

was fanatically anti-Christian, and was present at (if not a participant in)
the stoning death of St. Stephen.  If in fact, he had an extremist
personality, that would lend more credence to sudden conversion thesis, but
even so, absent a miracle, I just can't believe that he suddenly become
Paul, the definer of Christianity without a lot of other issues at issue
with him."

There was a woman involved for sure ...