[lit-ideas] Re: lit-ideas Digest V6 #12

  • From: dsavory@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:07:01 -0700 (MST)

Apropos of rien, permit me to intrude with the following anecdote. I have in fact met and worked with Stickleback Tom who was studying the effects of mining (including gold mining) on the numbers of Gasterosteus aculeatus in the Queen Charlotte Islands. He magically appeared one evening on our research scow, cleaned out our fridge, gave us specimens and data to process and was gone again into the misty drizzle. He spawned (if you will) a poem on the survivorship of the 3-spined stickleback which I conceived and then rashly refused to commit to memory.

David Savory