[lit-ideas] Re: [lit-ideas]

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 14:08:33 -0700 (PDT)

Voisteno voskres!  One greets another on Easter by
saying, literally translated, Christ has risen! And
the reply is Yes, Christ has risen!  In fact, the word
for Sunday is literally Resurrection Day
(voskresenye), but of course, nobody thinks of it that
way any more than we think of the sun on Sunday or the
moon on Monday.  How long ago and far away it all is.
I had no idea that tomorrow is Easter.

--- wokshevs@xxxxxx wrote:

> And I trust that all Catholics, Protestants,
> Darwinians and others will remember
> that tomorrow is the real Easter. Hristos Voskrese!
>
> Not religious, only respectful.
>
> Walter O.
>

> Quoting Judith Evans <judith.evans001@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > >I thought only Catholics knew about the Stations
> of the Cross
> >
> > we Protestants see them on TV at Easter.  That is,
> we did; these days Easter
> >
> > is a time for DIY
> > and shopping.  (They do though sometimes show Ben
> Hur.)
> >
> > >Ah, I miss being a Catholic.  Agnosticism needs
> rituals, is in bad need of
> > >ritual.
> >
> > (Roman Catholic) rituals and amazing
> blue-ceilinged cathedrals, with
> > cardinals and papal
> > nuncios around, and the Easter Blessing... censer
> swinging, yes.  Great
> > stuff.
> >
> > Judy Evans, Cardiff

> > To change your Lit-Ideas settings