[lit-ideas] just out curiosity

  • From: adriano paolo shaul gershom palma <palmaadriano@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 10:28:44 +0200

did any among you consider the hypothesis that Wittgenstein is a vastly
over rated thinker?
I have an opinion, nuanced as it may be, but I had rather listen first.

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 2:37 AM, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx <Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx>wrote:

> In a message dated 3/1/2013 3:22:17 P.M. UTC-02,
> donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx
> writes: interesting things about the show/say unity in  Wittgenstein's
> thought.
>
> Hence the motto, "one Wittgenstein too many".
>
> -- as a reply to those who posit a first Witters and a second Witters. "I
> agree with the bulk of your argument, but my answer would be that to say
> that  there are two Wittgensteins is to fall in the trap that the motto
> "One
> Wittgenstein too many" intends to remedy.
>
> Plus, it is offensive to Carolyne*.
>
> Cheers,
>
> *Carolyne zu Sayn-Wittgenstein (February 8, 1819 – March 9, 1887) was a
> Polish noblewoman who pursued a 40-year liaison/relationship with Franz
> Liszt.
>  She was also an amateur journalist and essayist and it is conjectured that
> she  did much of the actual writing of several of Liszt's publications,
> especially  his Life of Chopin. She pursued an enormous correspondence with
> Liszt and many  others which is of vital historical interest. She admired
> and
> encouraged Hector  Berlioz, as is clear from their extensive
> correspondence.
> Berlioz dedicated Les  Troyens to Princess Carolyne. She was portrayed by
> Capucine in the 1960 film  Song Without End.

palma, KZN

*יד*  וַיַּעַן עָמוֹס, וַיֹּאמֶר אֶל-אֲמַצְיָה, לֹא-נָבִיא אָנֹכִי, וְלֹא
בֶן-נָבִיא אָנֹכִי:  כִּי-בוֹקֵר אָנֹכִי, וּבוֹלֵס שִׁקְמִים.

 palma

University of KwaZulu-Natal

Howard College Campus, philosophy department

Durban 4041 South Africa

Tel off: [+27] 03 12 60 15 91 Fax [+27] 03 12 60 30 31

admn Y. Hordyk : [+27] 03 12 60 22 92

mobile 07 62 36 23 91 from abroad +[27] 76 23 62 391

EMAIL: palma@xxxxxxxxxx

palma's office 280 (3rd flr of Mtb)

from 2o13\o1  p212 on cognition p308 on rigidity p102 intrPHIL

 - check venues&schedule at administrator office  TBA

 *only when in Europe*:

inst. J. Nicod

29 rue d'Ulm

f-75005 paris france