[lit-ideas] interview on Fox

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:42:34 EST

Hi,
Here is the beginnings of what (some) of them will have to endure. But, the
'good' of their faith as well as their positions/thought in the topic, at
least  in this situation, is that they will have both the passion as well the
ability  to speak the language to those who need to hear and since they have
now
become  accustomed to being heard (as they do have a major representation and
they/the  political realm have seen the affect that can have), maybe we will
have some  movement here.

anyway, just more information...to show how they have obviously figured out
who to 'reach'--and to build their base even more...

Best,
Marlena

_http://www.newshounds.us/2006/02/09/in_a_first_fox_trashes_evangelical_christ
ianswho_believe_in_global_warming.php#more_
(http://www.newshounds.us/2006/02/09/in_a_first_fox_trashes_evangelical_christianswho_believe_in_global_warming.
php#more)

February 09, 2006

In a First, Fox Trashes Evangelical  Christians...Who Believe in Global
Warming
Evangelical Christians are usually welcomed with open arms on Fox News but
apparently the thought of evangelical Christians believing in global warming is
 too much for Fox to take. After all, believing that global warming is a real
 thing is heresy, not necessarily against God, but against those other gods,
the  radicals in the Bush administration.
A group of evangelical Christians, including 85 evangelical Christian
leaders, have banded together to form a group called the _Evangelical  Climate
Initiative_ (http://www.christiansandclimate.org/) . The group has produced a
television ad urging  Christians to become involved in the issue of global
warming
and it placed a  full page ad in today's New York Times. Neil Cavuto hosted
two of the  group's leaders on Your World today (February 9, 2006), but before
they were  introduced, he prejudiced his audience by associating the group with
(according  to the teachings of Fox) the nearly-communist New York Times,
hedonistic "Hollywood," whacked-out Al Gore, and a Kennedy, the family that's
liberal to the point of insanity.
The segment opened with a clip from the group's television ad. The announcer
said: "As Christians, our faith in Jesus Christ compels us to love our
neighbors  and to be stewards of God's creation. The good news is that with
God's
help, we  can stop global warming for our kids, our world, and our Lord." Then
Cavuto  appeared on screen and said: This ad is part of "a massive advertising
campaign"  by a group headed "by 85 evangelical Christian leaders who are
sounding the  alarm about global warming. They even took out a full page ad in
today's New  York Times. It is an issue that has been pretty much owned by
Hollywood and  the likes of Al Gore and Robert Kennedy, so can these men of God
do
something  these folks could not - convince America to get serious about global
 warming?"
It gets worse.
Cavuto asked his first question of David Clark, Ph.D. "You are in sync with
Hollywood on this, or much of Hollywood. What makes your call different?"
Clark said, "This is not a partisan issue...it's a humanitarian
issue...because we are called to be keepers, the biblical word is stewards...of
 this
wonderful Earth...we must speak out when we see it threatened as we do now  by
global warming."
Cavuto turned to Paul DeVries, Ph.D., and made the Exxon-Mobil argument
against global warming: "There are people who can respectively [sic] differ
here
and say that we have no way of knowing what could be just climate changes
built  on nothing more than weather cycles than global warming. Why are you so
sure  this is global warming?"
DeVries said, "We may not know all the effects of the different kinds of
exhaust or the way that we're polluting the Earth, but we do have to be careful

to preserve a healthy environment for our children, and our grandchildren, and
 our great grandchildren."
Cavuto: "Dr. Clark, there are going to be many who don't buy global warming
who will say, well now, this religious sect of our society has gone kooky with
 Hollywood. How would you answer that?"
Clark said we aren't "tree huggers." He said, "We're thoughtful, well
informed people who are expressing a concern that since we believe the Earth
was
created by God and given to us to enjoy...we are people who are thoughtful
people who are very concerned about the future." If global warming "is not the
effect of pollution, you could argue that we probably still are wise to err in
the direction of cleaning up the air, just because of health matters, to say
nothing of global warming."
Cavuto, still trying to link the two guests and their group to crazy lefty
liberals said, "Well, Dr. DeVries, would you be willing to team up with Al Gore
 or some of the biggest proponents of global warming, those in Hollywood as
well,  to push that?"
DeVries said, "We're motivated by the biblical principles and we'd be glad to
 work with anybody." He said they met with five Senators yesterday, and that
"at  the very core of creation, the very core of nature is God's own presence
and to  honor God is to protect his world."