[lit-ideas] Re: interstitial remark #3

  • From: "Paul Stone" <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:38:54 -0400

David:
> Half hearted is a little hard hearted.  I hadn't a clue what you were
> talking about--quitting an addiction, giving up playing pond hockey after
> all these years, changing jobs--and therefore drew up a list that covered
> many possibilities just to let you know that the remark had been heard and
> that it might be worth saying a little more on the subject.  Many possibly
> fine threads die for want of initial reaction.

Yes, this is correct and another reason I appreciated your response --
just because it WAS a response to my often unanswered cries in the
wilderness (slight exaggeration, but as my long-time companion told me
the other day "you're too emotional" meaning "you're being emotional
TODAY" because I'm usually a heartless bastard, rational automaton --
also her words).

And to answer David's wonderment, my initial remark wasn't the result
of any particular quittance, just an observation about life all the
little doings and not-doings of it.
\
resuming heartlessly bastardness,