[lit-ideas] Re: "humanoids" or androids

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 07:54:20 -0400

Humans are just biomechanical robots.  I wonder if robots would
deliberately set train wrecks in motion at fairly regular intervals.  It's
possible, I suppose, if, like humans, they were programmed to respond in
set ways irrespective of the events.  One might argue that humans would
take into account the pain and suffering generated by war, yet they don't.
They actually place pain and suffering somewhere between collateral damage
and highest imaginable glory, to die for one's country.  I doubt robots
would go that far.  What was God's point in creating humans?  He enjoys
watching a good train wreck now and again?  No atheists in foxholes is the
expression.