[lit-ideas] Re: heine & glory

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 23:23:57 +0000 (GMT)

> Sometimes we really WISH that death was waiting for us
> round the next corner, or in the shoe department, because then we
> wouldn't have to find out the hard way what we can "live with" and what
> we can't.

I may misunderstand. But this makes survival sound like the 'soft option'.
This has a corollary, arguably, which is that suicide is the brave thing to
do. I'm not seeking to mock - I think you can see it this way. [And people
who have had to deal with suicides perhaps are inclined to ease their pain by
rationalising in this vein. Even if so, this does not prove they are wrong,
of course].

The truth is all our lives are experiments in what we can "live with".

Donal
And those experiments, like life itself, are too sho....shit I've ruined it,
haven't I? Just went on too long. Should have left it. No, I know...Back to
the drawing board. It was almost there. If only I'd left it.