[lit-ideas] Re: health care in the US

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:11:48 -0500

The new post modern dilemma: they don't bend over, so applying use it or
lose it, they start losing the ability to bend over, so they bend over even
less, so they lose even more ability ...  I love going to the supermarket
or Wal-Mart and watching (inevitably fat) people get in the motorized carts
and drive around the aisles.  I once was walking into my supermarket and a
teenage girl, overweight but otherwise perfectly normal, walked over to the
motorized shopping carts, got in, and proceeded to shop.  I wonder if
applying Eric's idea people had to take physical education classes.  They'd
all drop out in a half hour.  Supposedly scooters are the big thing now, to
be used instead of walking (Newsweek).  Families have multiples of them.
With 60% of the population either overweight or obese, it's just what we
need.  I never understood what it is people don't like about exercise.  But
most people don't like it, even hate it.  Go figure.