[lit-ideas] Re: guilty pleasures

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:54:17 EST

Hmmm....they've told us stuff.  They've hinted at the rejuvanative
properties of the island.  They've placed an unknown monster but one which,
when the
ex-military guy (Lock?) sees, he reports that he has looked into the  eye of
the island and it is beautiful.  There's something mystical going  on.
They've
filled in the past lives of several of the survivors and  said some wise
things about life as they went (the juxtaposition of the kids  struggle w/
drugs,
the lesson of Lock from the moth, the always-the-rescuer Doc  being saved by
the kid; all very nicely done).  I think they're just  starting slowly, feeding
the audience a tiny bit at a time to make it last  longer.  They know if they
give up Big Secrets, the show will be too good  for people to watch unless
they're teased along.  But I'll suspend  judgement for a few more weeks.  It
could go either way.  I absolutely  loved the scene a couple weeks ago where
the
Doc finds his Dad's coffin.....the  dolls and waterfall....beautiful.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: guilty pleasures
Date: 11/4/04 7:26:29 PM Central Standard Time  From: _pas@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
  Sent on:
>I have a confession.  I'm totally and  entirely addicted to  "Lost".  Someone
>anyone else on this list  please tell me they like it too  and why it's so
>compelling.   It keeps reminding me of the Bridge Over San  Luis Rey.

I love it  too, although it's wearing thin. 6 weeks in and they've told us
DIDDLY! Of  course there IS the nice felon to look at in her  underwear.

Paul

Paul  Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Leamington, ON