[lit-ideas] Re: grades & kleenex

  • From: "Michael Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 14:56:00 -0500

SC:
>  if "gender" is just a pomo term, exiling
> "sex" to the act.

Well, I was taught by the good nuns that "sex" doesn't mean "sexual
congress", or "intercourse" or "doing it" or the old "in and out" or
"banging" or anything whatsoever to do with that stuff.  "Sex," they said,
refered only to the kind of "things" one had  -- down there.  So to the
questionaire question: Sex?  The correct answer is either Male or Female,
not Other or Yes, or Seldom or any other Zero-for-you-Mr-Smart-Aleck answer.
I thought "gender" was limited to Latin class.

The things we learn,
Mike Geary