[lit-ideas] Re: gmail

  • From: "Paul Stone" <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 21:30:44 -0400

Here are settings to use to configure pop access via various email clients
so that offline reading/writing of gMail is possible.

:

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=12103&query=pop&;...<https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=12103&query=pop&topic=0&type=f>

Re. editing -- The first couple weeks I used gMail I was terribly
frustrated with it, until I started to learn my way about.

I joined Gmail the first week it was available and it did NOT have any
forwarding or smtp or pop mail capabilities, so this is all news to me.
HOWEVER, I just configured my computer the way it says and it DOES NOT WORK
with my Eudora and mine is up to date as of a few weeks ago. Before you call
me a spaz, let me assure you that I'm not. I cannot see how to make this
work. I've tried every single combination of the settings that they suggest
and they do not work. It may be some setting that I have on my other three
email addresses that I use with Eudora, but I'm damned if I'm going to screw
with them. So I guess I'm still SOL.. Thanks to everyone for trying to help
.

paul