[lit-ideas] global luke-warming -- addendum^2

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:28:21 -0400

You think that ALL the water in the whole world is going to rise to 30 C? Do you know how many brazillian joules of energy you would need to raise trillions of trillions of gallons of water from 4 C to 30 C?

Sorry, it's actually hundreds of millions of trillions -- 3.6 x 10^20 usgals. I initially had "trillions and trillions" but changed it to "of" when I noticed that it was WAY more than trillions, but I was sloppy. I'm guilty of hyperbole {by 1000} without checking my numbers. Sorry.

paul

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx