[lit-ideas] Re: gigawatt chivalrous inflammatory handyman drainage

  • From: "Michael Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:15:37 -0500

Thank you, David.  I am currently reading McCarthy's Bar as per your
recommendation which was passed along to me by Sir JL Speranza and yourself.

Do you like my subject line (gigawatt chivalrous inflammatory handyman
drainage)?  It was the subject line of a breast enlargement spam I received.
I found it intriguing.  "Inflammatory handyman drainage" is certainly
colorful and certainly a proper subject for discussion by philosophical folk
as well as medicine men.  But it's the "gigawatt chivalrous" that fascinates
me.  It's like Sir Gawain giving off sparks.  Go, Sir Gawain, go!  But how
does it all fit together?  The words, I assume, are the random gift of the
spammer's computer.  But so is all life a random event.  So it's randomness
we must order into meaning.  Here is a perfect phrase to practice on, say I.
I suggest a contest to determine what that subject line is all about.
Remember it's just a verbal Rorschach, not a line of Scripture, there is no
answer except the judge's prejudice.  The contest should be judged by
JulieReneB. who is probably the only person on list willing to read every
entry.  But what's in it for you?  Prizes, that's what!  Second prize will
be a poem from me.  First prize is no poem.  Go ahead, now.  Show how sick
you really are.

Mike Geary
disqualifying himself.