[lit-ideas] getting serious about Jupiter

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:34:05 -0500

Good Lord, Blake:

Glad we're finally reaching blithe categorems with each other. Gentle arsing about offers some hope that we will emerge from these Tory-induced time shifts more or less intact and in good spirits.

It was positively corking to hear that Curly -- we all know why she's called that! -- had a good laugh, and I certainly don't mind that she pretended to have one at my expense. She could use one. I'm also glad that she is no longer carrying a torch for me; it did tend to blacken ceilings and low enclosures like the crawlspaces and tunnels she retreated to whenever your second cousin's name was mentioned. How is skewfaced mute Timmy by the way?

You mention something called the "Great American Rapture" and are quite right to dismiss it entirely as delusion and ignis fatuus. In your current timeshifted state, brought about by the mass infection of the British population with bovine spongiform encephalopathy -- those nasty Tories again! -- the Supreme Being is in fact a hot dog, a Nathan's Hot Dog as a matter of fact, lot #49e-125, one of thousands leaving the Brooklyn plant on The Ides of March for consumption in northern California. Unfortunately the need to keep certain aspects of the timeshift secret from descendants of Paddy Ashdown prevents me from explaining more about the hot dog deity.

So you are still doing the focus group thing? More power to you, literally this time. A recent transdimensional poll of Americans on their perception of Brits was irresistibly positive. It seems that no matter how you misunderstand or mischaracterize us, Yanks are heartily in favor of you and yours, and it will probably always be so. Must have something to do with your excellent ales and porters.

Yours in the service of interplanetary peace,
Sargent Roc