[lit-ideas] freaking coward

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: Yaakov@xxxxxxxxxx, snazzbo3@xxxxxxxxxx, FloydAndColleen@xxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 10:54:26 EDT

_Click  here: CNN.com - Brown: E-mail shows Bush glad FEMA took Katrina flak
- Jun 9,  2006_ (http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/06/09/ka
trina.email/index.html)

Excerpt:

The e-mail stated that Bush was relieved that Brown -- and not Bush or
Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff -- was bearing the brunt of the
flak
over the government's handling of Katrina. (_Watch how Brown fell from grace
-- 4:00_
(javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/politics/2006/06/09/todd.brown.email.cnn','2006/06/16');)
 )
The September 2005 e-mail reads: "I did hear of one reference to you, at the
Cabinet meeting yesterday. I wasn't there, but I heard someone commented that
 the press was sure beating up on Mike Brown, to which the president replied,
 'I'd rather they beat up on him than me or Chertoff.' "
The sender adds, "Congratulations on doing a great job of diverting hostile
fire away from the leader."