[lit-ideas] Re: forward from a friend

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:14:28 EDT

Hi,
Yes, thank you.  While my family is not speaking to me <g>, my  friends (even
the Republican ones) still are...and this is interesting as  Eisenhowers
daughter (or grand-daughter--I cannot remember) is now running
People-to-People
in KC...and that came up not long ago...with the statement that  surely THEY
were going to vote for Bush...

It may also come into play as my son and I go man phones this weekend for
the Kerry campaign.  (His idea--I'd rather go door-to-door as I dislike
telephones so much <g>)

My son is pretty funny about all of this.  Even while being his age,  he has
read almost everything regarding Bush/Kerry (on both sides), and is very  very
concerned for his generation.  He has also been asking his teachers  who they
are voting for and why--and if any of them would like a Kerry sign  <g> as we
will be picking them up this weekend. (One taker--most of them  have
privately told Ben that they cannot talk about politics at school but that
they will
be voting for Kerry--and one of them said that if we can get it to her  after
school, she would like one...He actually has three people lined up for  signs,
now...)

Missouri will be interesting to watch.  Ann Richards (former gov of  Texas)
was in Clay County this week.  (which Gore won by one single vote  last time)
There is a new group in our area of Women for Kerry and another  of People of
Faith for Kerry...they brought her in to speak.  Both  campaigns are focusing
alot on Clay County...it will be intriguing as well since  it has grown about
7.8% a year since the last election.  I don't know where  the people came
from, though...(if from Kansas, then probably it will vote  Bush--if from KCMO,
then probably Kerry...)

Thanks, so much!
Marlena in Missouri
In a message dated 9/30/2004 8:54:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
mccreery@xxxxxxx writes:

FOCUS: John Eisenhower | Why I Will Vote for John Kerry for  President
http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/093004U.shtml