[lit-ideas] Re: flu vaccine

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:36:05 +0000

Hello Veronica

> Judy:  Is ibuprofen gel licensed there yet?

VC> No.  But I wouldn't be surprised if they did it.  Probably won't though
VC> because it would effect negatively pharmaceutical company profits.

Yes -- there's no medical reason not to license it.  It's a shame they
won't, as it does work well when the inflammation's near the surface
and it can be safer than ibuprofen in pill form.

VC> They have a program in Vancouver for providing clean needles, counseling
VC> and help in beating the addiction if it's wanted.  The current mayor of the
VC> city is a former narcotics under cover agent.  He has become to the
VC> conclusion that addiction is medical problem not a police matter.  I think
VC> eventually this view will spread, as even very conservative people realize
VC> that the war on drugs here is lost.

We have programs like that and also methadone prescription.  BTW I may
have been wrong about a rise in heroin addiction, what had happened is
that organized drug crime has come to the UK.

Judy

--
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx