[lit-ideas] Re: flu vaccine

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 22:05:42 EST

I'm quite familiar with ibuprofen.  But never as a gel....

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: flu vaccine
Date: 10/31/04 8:34:41 PM Central Standard Time  From:
_judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Monday, November 1, 2004, 2:14:32 AM,  JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

Jac> Please explain ibuprofen gel?   I've never heard of it.

Ibuprofen's the generic name. The generic  should be available in the
US both on and off-prescription, but you may know  the non-generic,
Advil is one of the US names.  The gel is for topical  use.  It won't
though work unless it gets into the system so the normal  recommended
"dose" doesn't work; and it shouldn't be used with ibuprofen (or  other
NSAID) pills.  But it is great, applied thickly (I did check what  I
was doing with my GP) for RSI-inflamed wrists.

It's very widely  available here.

(Ah. I see.  Your drug companies don't want to spend  the money to get
it FDA approved because the patent's expired.  Some  people in the US
buy it from other countries.)

Nail varnish is nail  polish, yes.

Jac> Btw, is  "nail
Jac> varnish"  something you put on your fingernails?  Another
Brittish/American  vocab