[lit-ideas] Re: flu vaccine

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 03:02:07 +0100

Thursday, October 28, 2004, 2:07:39 AM, Andy Amago wrote:

AA> What remarks about retired people?

I can't speak for Robert but I found this offensive:

> The only thing that comes to mind is avoiding crowds during flu
> season, not very hard to do when retired

but I thought Paul's comments more so.

In another post, you said

>A.A. See above.  I refer you also to Judy's point that only two
>suppliers were to be found this year.

I didn't say that. I said the US decided (not just this year) to buy
from only 2 suppliers. The UK buys from 7. There are probably more who
supply safe vaccine.

> Don't twist their arm, and the pharmaceutical companies will do
> nothing.

I agree.

--
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK