[lit-ideas] Re: flipping channels

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 22:03:53 EST

I saw 10 minutes of Deal or no Deal.  That was enough to make me never  watch
it again.  Oh, for one try at Wheel!

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: flipping channels
 Date: 11/4/2006 7:44:25 P.M. Central Standard Time  From: _pas@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 08:30 PM 11/4/2006, you wrote:
>The tail  end of Wheel of Fortune caught my attention.  The gal won
>$93,000  and some odd change for guessing words.  $93,000 in a half
>hour.  Not bad.

Perhaps one of the best demonstrations of  the ostensible
"superiority" which most Americans assume was in the  television
series "Friends" when the character Joey [who is rather
feeble-minded] is watching "the wheel" where the board shows _OUNT
RUSH_ORE and he is shouting at the screen "Oh COME ON, it's Count
Rushmore, it's Count Rushmore!'

Indeed!

Have you checked out  "deal or no deal" or "1 vs 100" or "the Rich
List"? It's getting  increasingly easy to win huge wads of cash on
game shows. It's really the  only reason I regret living in Canada.
Oh, for one try at  Jeopardy!

paul

[insert pithy quote  here]
Paul Stone