[lit-ideas] Re: flipping channels

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 20:44:15 -0500

At 08:30 PM 11/4/2006, you wrote:
The tail end of Wheel of Fortune caught my attention. The gal won $93,000 and some odd change for guessing words. $93,000 in a half hour. Not bad.

Perhaps one of the best demonstrations of the ostensible "superiority" which most Americans assume was in the television series "Friends" when the character Joey [who is rather feeble-minded] is watching "the wheel" where the board shows _OUNT RUSH_ORE and he is shouting at the screen "Oh COME ON, it's Count Rushmore, it's Count Rushmore!'

Indeed!

Have you checked out "deal or no deal" or "1 vs 100" or "the Rich List"? It's getting increasingly easy to win huge wads of cash on game shows. It's really the only reason I regret living in Canada. Oh, for one try at Jeopardy!

paul

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx