[lit-ideas] Re: fiction or non

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:15:39 -0500

At 05:55 PM 1/10/2006, you wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/10/books/10frey.html

Offered up for discussion, in light of our recent experience with a
fictional character participating in this list, and members' planned
reading.

1. Who's who, and does it matter as long as the book is entertaining?

2. What's what, and does it matter as long as the book is entertaining?

3. Is disguising autobiography as fiction less irritating (or wrong) than
telling a fiction and calling it autobiography?

later,
Carol K.

I wish you had included "possible spoiler" in this post. I have JUST begun this book and it's quite new -- just available in Paperback for us cheapies. Oh well, I'll soldier on -- on page 36 so far and I'm intrigued as to where it could be going. Fortunately I didn't read more than a few lines of the news story, so I'm not totally ruined.

paul

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx