[lit-ideas] Re: extremism & civil war

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 23:40:07 +0100 (BST)

>So, if Mr. Blog and Mr. Chase want to say how much
>they miss the good old days in Iraq,

The man you call Mr Blog, whose name can easily be found (see Julie's post),
was a strong and brave critic of Hussein's Iraq.

Not that Mike Chase supported it!

Judy Evans
judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sue Trevor <suettrevor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mr. Michael Chase replies to questions he cannot
answer with bluster and scorn. He uses the stock
pieces of language that George Orwell ridicules, in
?English Political Language?, and then has the nerve
to appeal to 1984, etc., like the Devil reading the
gospels.

?But that's not *all* it is : it's also a tool, used
by people like S. Trveor to justify the crudest acts
of unjustified US aggression against the weakest
target Rumsfeld, Rice, Ashcroft and the other
unspeakable criminals in the White House could find.
But this is nothing new : the citizens of Orwell's
novels were also constantly being told they were
free.?

Notice such substitutions for argument as ?unspeakable
criminals? and so on. And my name is Trevor not
Trveor. Mr. Ashcroft frightens me but he did not
invade Iraq.

Here is what Mr.Chase in all his bluster does not do.
I said that Ms. Krueger?s blog writer must be longing
for the old days and what were they? Why was he better
off under S. Hussein? He must have thought he was or
why did he wish to be back in them? To which Mr. Chase
replies at least he had electricity!!!

Mr. Chase brushes over how bad things were under S.
Hussein by saying they are not good now. Of course
they are not good now but they are not good now not
because there is no electricity, do you see? (No, Mr.
Chase cannot see. He is wrapped in slogans and
irrelevance.)

So, if Mr. Blog and Mr. Chase want to say how much
they miss the good old days in Iraq, which everybody
knows were not so good, and not just because of S.
Hussein but because of the embargo, then fine, let
them miss them. Let them say the Iraqi people were
free. Mr. Chase knows no Iraqi people and reads only
liberal propaganda and replies in insulting stock
phrases, not argument. You were free under Hussein
only if you were a prince. Who doesn?t know that?

Mr. Chase?s argument: Hussein was okay because Bush is
a thug. I hope Mr. Chase is not a teacher of anything.

Here is a simple question. Would you want to return,
if you were an Iraqi, to the days under Hussein, and
why? The answer to that is not that Bush, and all, are
thugs. Mr. Blog does want to return. Why?

Sue
Northridge
90 degrees and beautiful

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html