[lit-ideas] editable web-sites, collaborations

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:29:22 EDT

Click here: User:Tmxxine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Tmxxine

This is the first time I've seen this particular set-up.  Scroll down to the
bottom and click on "edit page" and see what happens.  Apparently this website
is a collaborative on-going project engaged in by anyone who wishes to join
in.  I'm not sure I understand how the thing is done.  I assume someone out
there has it saved frequently somehow, backed-up, so that some kid can't edit
the
page and simply delete it all or something.  Does anyone know anything more
about this set-up?  Seen it before?  I can think of a ton of wonderful uses.
How hard would it be to put a page that is editable together?

Julie Krueger