[lit-ideas] Re: drones at home

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:34:50 EST

I kinda wondered that myself yesterday.  I kept envisioning one of  these
things either crashing or deploying ammunition it wasn't supposed to have  and
the Govt. crying "terrorist"!

Julie Krueger
I probably don't even want to know....

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] drones at home  Date:
11/20/2006 1:23:36 P.M. Central Standard Time  From: _eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What's this about, I wonder? Loose nukes? Speeding  tickets?
Trying to find an honest  man?

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/19/D8LGBFB80.html

Global  Hawk to Fly 1st Mission Over U.S.
Nov 19 2:59 PM US/Eastern

They've  become a fixture in the skies over Iraq and
Afghanistan, a new breed of  unmanned aircraft operated with
remote controls by "pilots" sitting in  virtual cockpits many
miles away.

But the Air Force's Global Hawk has  never flown a mission
over the United States.

That is set to change  Monday, when the first Global Hawk is
scheduled to land at Beale Air Force  Base in northern
California.  "This landmark flight has historic  implications
since it's the first time a Global Hawk has not only flown
from Beale, but anywhere in the United States on an official
Air Combat  Command mission," base spokesman Capt. Michael
Andrews said in a  statement.