[lit-ideas] [correction] Re: Re: Imagination and maths [and maybe more.....]

  • From: Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Paul)
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 19 Dec 2004 16:36:05 PST

I wrote that 'one of Andreas' sources' suggested that we live in a world in
which the law of the excluded middle no longer applies. But of course Andreas
cited no sources for his remarks--what I was paraphrasing was Mike Chase's
sentence 'We live in a world with a non-classical logic.'

I'm no longer sure if this is Mike's own claim or if it is in turn a paraphrase
of Putnam. In any event, apologies to Andreas for the mistaken attribution.

Robert Paul