[lit-ideas] Re: constittional rights

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:11:53 -0700 (PDT)

Morris Berman (him again) says the SUV is symbolic for our stance in the
world.  Sits high to see over the rest of the cars, big supposedly to be safer
than the smaller cars, yet unstable and prone to overturning, and completely
dependent on imported oil.  Quite the encapsulation of our society, don't you
think?  The Hummer is out and out designed to emulate military vehicles (we are
an empire after all), also a horrific gas guzzler of imported oil.  Berman
wonders when they'll be coming out with tanks for individual use.  Seems
tanks may not happen, so the next best thing is an AK-47.  So when everybody
has an AK-47, they'll all have to escalate to the next bigger weapon.  Maybe
tanks for individual consumption isn't so far fetched?