[lit-ideas] Re: consider

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 00:13:35 +0900

Am I correct to assume that the greater the number of degrees the greater
the time the rotation takes?How is this different from other types of
movement, which also take time?
If the number of degrees correlates with the time required in the case of
rotation, what about, say linear movement along a ruler?

John

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 2:53 AM, palma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <palma@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> a very simple case.
> all known facst point to the following.
> when one does mental rotation there is a specific correlation
> between the number (of degrees) and the time
> (as reported by subjects) it takes to rotate. Note that there *is* no cube
> at all. it is a mental rotation.
> Now, short of believing that the subjects have little cubes in their
> brains, do they rotate representations or not?

John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd., Yokohama, JAPAN
Tel. +81-45-314-9324
http://www.wordworks.jp/