[lit-ideas] Re: comments the DEMs must defend

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:06:07 -0800

I suppose it makes Leftists feel good

To lyingly cry "lie," but 'tis a lie anyone

Who has kept up with

Knows and decries.

Not being anti-intellectual,

I read about Saddam and his Iraq.

All our Iraqi assets were over here

Or a long way from knowing

Anything worthwhile.  Even

His generals thought he had WMDs;

So lie me no more lies

Lest thee be seen for a Lying

Leftist - unless 'tis a thing thou

Wishest in which case carry on -

I suppose - our being unlike

The tyranny we deposed.  But

Not being willing to pass on actions

The way we do such words

As "lie," we lie here listening

For the tick of a nuclear disaster

Coming soon in theaters near you.

Lawrence

Mike Geary wrote:

Defend? What's to defend? The Bush Administration was unconscionable in
their lies and manipulation of the people's fears in furtherance of their
imperialistic Neocon plan for the world. When the Dems were lining up behind
Bush, I was screaming "no" at them all. That the Democrats failed miserably
in a most fundamental way is not disputed by anyone I know. It's a dark
stain on the Democratic Party and the country as a whole. But at least (the
very least), they're abjuring their ignorant/cowardly stance of the past.
The Republicans are only now beginning to doubt the wisdom on their leaders.

Mike Geary
Memphis

praying that the Loon in the White House doesn't invade or bomb Iran.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>