[lit-ideas] Re: cheering for daughters (couldn't write about daughters under 'taradiddle')

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 22:59:36 -0500

Congrats to Ursula and Ritchie for passing on superior genes / superior
nurturing.  The wonderful thing about our children's accomplishments is that
secretly we feel they are really our own.  Where would the damn kid be
without the love and guidance and DNA from you?  Hey?  Where? watching
reruns of the Brady Bunch, no doubt.  So forget the kids, it's you I salute.
You who bore them, who tore them from their lethargy, who chored them with
visions of victory, and then let them sore to greatness on their own -- I
mean soar.  Salut!  Bravehearts.  Of course, they think they did it all.
Goddamn parasites.  But remember you role, unrecompensed parents, kiss them
and tell them how proud you are of yourself.

Mike Geary
Memphis