[lit-ideas] Re: cheering for daughters (couldn't write about daughters under 'taradiddle')

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 09:49:52 -0400

Well, if we're bragging about daughters, my only such just this weekend
won the silver in the College Nationals Road Race Omnium in Madison,
Wisconsin, garnering an invite to a development camp aimed at scouting
and encouraging talent for the 2008 Olympics.   While she might attend
the camp, I doubt she would seriously consider the Olympics.  The years
of dedication and time that would require would push too much math out
of her life.  (Time notoriously waits for no mathematicians.)  But she's
thrilled.  (And anyway, Momma thinks that if push came to shove, she'd
ride for Canada.)

Ursula (proud Momma) Stange
Cheering for all daughters....