[lit-ideas] Re: cartoons of the prophet of Islam

  • From: Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 05:05:29 -0800 (PST)

In the wonderful Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi, she
recalls her childhood in a leftist secular Iranian
family and her religious quests. The one image I am
thinking of is where she is laying in bed and on the
right side is Karl Marx and on the left either god or
Mohammed, both older men with white beards. "They do
look lot a like," she thinks to herself.

Cheers,
Teemu
Helsinki, Finland

http://mail.yahoo.com