[lit-ideas] but of course!

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:53:11 -0700

At the Mental Hospital

John and Mary were patients in a mental hospital. One day, while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, John suddenly fell in the deep end. He sank to the bottom.

Mary jumped in and pulled him out.

When the medical director became aware of Mary's act, he immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as he now considered her to be mentally stable. He went to her and said, "Mary, I have good news & bad news. The good news is you're being discharged because since you jumped in to save the life of another patient, I think you've regained your senses".

"The bad news is that John hanged himself in the bathroom with the belt of his
robe."

Mary replied, "He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry"