[lit-ideas] Re: book nausea

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 23:10:46 -0500

At 10:37 PM 11/27/2006, you wrote:
Maybe your expectations were too high.  If you had picked up the book not
knowing the author, you might have thought it creative in a shabby chic
sort of way.

Nah... too many lists. It's a list of lists... it's a joke. Pynchon has jumped the shark.

 I'm still kind of reeling over the Al Gore movie.  I can't
imagine that anyone who has seen it can still doubt global warming is well
under way.  But they do, and most don't bother to even watch a 96 minute
movie to know what it is they're doubting.

And... I can't believe that people who watch this movie are unequivocally convinced. So there... nnnn, sucks to you!

apul

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx