[lit-ideas] "booed at his curtain call"

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 22:24:28 EDT

From:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/1bc2f61e-cb1f-11df-95c0-00144feab49a.html

Das  Rheingold, Metropolitan Opera, New York
Martin Bernheimer, review of Das  Rheingold, Metropolitan Opera, New York
Financial Times, Sept. 28 2010;

"Lepage, who was booed at his curtain call, doesn’t really tell the story
of Rheingold."

-----

I read from someone who WAS there that the booers were no more than 25.
This person, who attended, was deeming Berheimer not just misleading but
'dishonest'. I wouldn't know. It's all Griceian to me!

----- Speranza