[lit-ideas] Re: battle of the bands

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 01:20:30 -0700 (PDT)

--- Chris Bruce <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> P.S. From what I hear on the radio, it sounds like
> our Omar is
> (single-handedly?) taking on the German national
> team in that first
> World Cup game.  That doesn't' sound very fair -
> particularly as it has
> also been announced that Germany's star player
> (Bollocks, or some such
> name) has injured himself.  However, as a die-hard
> Phil-Lit fan, I know
> where my loyalties lie (just don't let any of my
> neighbours know.) Go,
> Kusturica, go!

*I'm not a big football fan, myself, but I am bit
proud that Serbia/Montenegro is playing. This is also
probably the last time they are playing as
Serbia/Montenegro, since Montenegro has already voted
for independence. Here is a pretty interesting article
on the How to Watch the World Cup:

http://www.mojones.com/commentary/columns/2006/06/world_cup.html

http://mail.yahoo.com