[lit-ideas] Re: arms?

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 10:41:15 -0700

On Jul 23, 2011, at 8:44 AM, Julie C wrote:

> I have a  question.  I live in Columbia, MO -- a town of about 200,000, smack
> dab between St. Louis & KC  (yes, we're cooking).  Our public library and
> outdoor public swimming pools (both patronized vastly by small children) have
> armed guards patrolling the premises -- police armed with firearms.  Is this
> typical where you live?
>
> Julie Krueger

I own a duck punt gun.  Take it near everywhere.  It's especially useful in the
library when the page turners get noisy.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=duck+punt+gun&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

No, we do not have armed guards on campus, at the swimming pool or anywhere
near the library.  Unless knowledge is a weapon.

David Ritchie,
prepared for aggressive ducks,
North of the U of O.