[lit-ideas] anthropology?

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:30:51 EST

_http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060112/ap_on_sc/south_africa_ancient_mystery;_yl
t=AvhyWWykPtpozcg_PGWTjsMDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl_
(http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060112/ap_on_sc/south_africa_ancient_mystery;_ylt=AvhyWW
ykPtpozcg_PGWTjsMDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl)
This portion grabbed my curiosity -- in what way (anthropologists out there?)
 does the fact (?) that humans used to be vulnerable to both above and below
explain anything about why or how "we" view the world?
<<Berger concluded man's ancestors had to survive not just being hunted  from
the ground, but from the air. Such discoveries are "key to understanding  why
we humans today view the world they way we do," he said.
Berger's research has been reviewed by others and is due to appear in the
February edition of the American Journal of Physical  Anthropology.>>