[lit-ideas] Re: annual convention

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 02:23:17 +0200

On 24-Sep-09, at 9:13 AM, David Ritchie wrote:

I report that three members of our subcommittee met this afternoon at the Lake Oswego Inverclunky Distillery and Coffee Shop. I'm happy to add that we worked out all final arrangements and dress code regulations for the Lit-Ideas annual convention, which will be held this year at the Best Western, Easter Island, ballrooms two, three and thing. Please get your reservations in early as rooms fill up fast.

As usual, some panels still need chairs. Send measurements, reasons and ideas, to Prof. I. M. Just, Withouta Soundpiano, N.Y., N.Y. 77723, or co-chair, C. Bruce, Poppover-in-dem Toaster, Longyearningfrom, Scotland-near-Manchester, MC7MU0.

It must be the jet lag. (Or the Inverclunky single malt.) I DO definitely remember agreeing on the penguin suits - but I'm fuzzy on the rest of the arrangements. I thought we'd agreed to a menu of Easter eggs at the Holiday Inn on one of the Sandwich Islands at Christmas. Or was that sandwiches at the Howard Johnson's on Christmas Island at Easter?

And to heck with the chairs - we can eat standing up. Unless it's Christmas pudding at the Best Western on Easter Island after all - that's a sit-down sort of thing ....

C. Bruce
Ordering plenty of black coffee - and
'Up periscope!' - for the sub subcommittee,
back in Kiel, Germany